On Monday evening, February 5 we will begin our rehearsals for our spring concert to be held on Sunday afternoon, May 20, at 3 pm in Harman Hall of the Performing Arts Center. The program is the following:
“The Journey of Harriet Tubman”
Composed by California resident Ron Kean. The music comprises spirituals and the texts of spirituals that scholars know were sung in the years from 1849-1858.
“Ein deutsches Requiem”
Composed by Johannes Brahms. One of the most performed and beloved works in the choral/orchestral literature. Brahms began writing this work at the same time Harriet Tubman was helping fellow slaves to escape.
- Time: Registration: 6:30-7:15; Rehearsal 7:15-9:45
- Where: St. Paul the Apostle Church in Pismo Beach
- Address: 800 Bello Street, Pismo Beach
St. Paul’s is located less than 5 minutes from Highway 101 whether coming from the north or south. Parking is free. The church has been kind enough to allow us to use the Parish Hall for our rehearsals.
The registration cost is $125. The Master Chorale will provide music without additional costs.
You may pay by one of the following methods:
- Check: Made payable to: San Luis Obispo Master Chorale
- Credit Card: Credit cards accepted at the first rehearsal: Monday, February 5.
- Installments of $31.25 at the beginning of February, March, April, and May
- Some scholarship monies are available. Scholarship forms will be available at our first rehearsal.
New members are asked to go through the audition process, then enroll when admitted as a singer in the Chorale. (Follow the Auditions tab on the SLO Master Chorale website menu.)
The SLO Master Chorale prepares for its Spring 2016 concert on the stage at the Performing Arts Center, San Luis Obispo. Music selections were Handel’s Dettingen Te Deum and Joseph Haydn’s Lord Nelson Mass.
Photo credit James Davis