Executive Director – San Luis Obispo Master Chorale
The San Luis Obispo Master Chorale is seeking an Executive Director to function as a key management leader, responsible for overseeing and coordinating the administration of the organization. Leadership ability, inspired by the arts, is a primary skill for this position. Nonprofit board or work experience is required. This is a new position which will evolve and grow over time.
The San Luis Obispo Master Chorale is dedicated to the presentation of major works for chorus and orchestra through public performances and educational programs enriching the performers, audience, and community.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as an advisor to the Board of Directors and coordinate tasks with contractors and volunteers
- Oversee marketing and public relations efforts including mailings, website, social media and traditional media
- Provide administrative support to the Musical Director and Board as needed
- Support development efforts through assistance with mailings, grant writing and correspondence
- Knowledge of best practices in handling/creating budgets, deposits, invoices
- Represent SLOMC at concerts and events and to all media outlets
- Attend Board meetings and provide monthly report of activities
- Maintain a calendar of important deadlines for advertising, marketing and grant applications
- Familiarity with non-profit administration, including funding, marketing, and board relations; experience or training in staff/volunteer management
- Flexibility to handle a varied schedule: some weeks demand very little time and others up to 20 hours
- Ability to work independently, while collaborating with board members and committees as needed
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Attention to details and follow-through
- Ability to take the initiative on projects while being a good listener and valuing input
- General computer literacy and willingness to learn other software tools (e.g. ticketing and donor software); familiarity with social media platforms
- Preferred: Arts management experience; interest and/or experience in the performing arts; arts and/or business community contacts within San Luis Obispo County
Compensation negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Please send resume to email@example.com by August 20, 2018.
Commence duties by mid-September.